Tuesday 16 August 2011

Split Wig Review

I've recently fallen in love with split hair. One half of the hair one colour, the other another, you know? My natural hair is too short and rubbish to deal with dyeing it so I started looking into wigs. I've seen some pretty extreme wigs (like, one half black the other half platinum blonde). I wanted a more natural looking wig and I was over the moon when I found one... but for a very high price. I managed to find an alternative, cheaper wig from eBay!

I bought this wig from cosplaywig at eBay.

Some facts about the wig!
♚ it's a caramel marple brown colour
♚ it's 70cm long!
♚ it has heat resistant fibres so you can style it with heat!




This isn't a very good picture of me wearing it. I'm in work clothes and I looked hideous on the picture so I covered my face!

It doesn't really look split on this picture, does it? I was a little disappointed; I wanted it to be subtle but it felt like it was too subtle. I felt so bad about cutting it because it's absolutely gorgeous. The wig itself is so thick and so soft and a lot longer than it looks on the website! I'm really surprised with how thick it is as I was expecting a wig that was a lot thinner. It does tangle easily but that's to be expected for longer wigs and running your fingers through it sorts them out no problem!

What I really loved about this was that it took 7 days to arrive from the day I bought it. I think it's the fastest shipping I've ever had!

Here's some photos of the wig with and without flash.


With flash.


Without flash.

With flash it looks really shiny and almost unnatural but without flash it really does look so natural! The fringe is a little wonky ha ha, I'll have that properly sorted this weekend as I'll have someone with me to help cut it. I'm still a little nervous about wearing this out and about, what do you guys think?

If you're looking for an inexpensive way to have split hair without forking out too much I'd recommend purchasing this. I was looking for a subtle split and this was almost too subtle for me. If you're looking for a more extreme split there are other websites you can visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment