Thursday 19 January 2012

Red Lips


As promised, here is my review of the Chanel lipstick I purchased last weekend. I am not being paid to say anything and all the opinions here are my own.

I set out to purchase myself a red lipstick last week and something drew me to the Chanel counter. Being as pale as I am it's really hard to come across a red lipstick which would look decent with my skin colour. Most shades are too bright or too dark and they just drain the colour away from the rest of my face. With some advice and after trying this on, I finally settled on this. It's from their Rouge Coco Shine range in shade 63, Rebelle.



This little lipstick set me back £23 which can be pretty pricey if you're not really into lipsticks. Chanel is a brand that most gals seem to love which and I can understand why. The lipstick is presented in a chic box and teh case is slim, but still glamorous. It's light enough to be carried around in a handbag.



My photos are with flash, it was too dark to take photos otherwise!

Out of all of the lipsticks I have, I think that this may be my favourite lipstick case. There's something I really like about it which I just can't put my finger on!



Apologies for the flash once again as it most certainly doesn't reflect the true shade of this lipstick! It's not as orange as this picture shows and it definitely looks red to me. The best way to describe it would be red with an undertone of coral which is always a really nice shade. It looks like this without the flash but as I said the lighting was really poor in the room and once again, this definitely does not reflect the shade of the lipstick.

The formula for this lipstick is definitely something else! I found this lipstick to be really moisturising on my lips and went on really smoothly. It looks glossy on the lips and it feels smooth on your lips. I found that it sometimes looked as though I had a lip gloss or something like it on which was really nice. I like the look of glossy lips but I can't stand lipgloss because my hair always catches it so for me this was really nice!

One of the downsides of this lipstick is that it's not very long lasting. I found it only lasted a few hours and had to be reapplied every two to three hours. But other than that I've not had too many problems with it.



This picture is tiny because I cropped my lips out of another picture. Once again, please excuse the lighting as it's not a true reflection of the colour but it looks like this on me. It may look different on you. It's not my favourite shade but when I need a bold colour or extra confidence I am sure that this will do the trick.

Pros:
❥ Moisturising!
❥ Perfect for those times you don't want to use lipgloss
❥ Attractive covers.

Cons:
❥ Reapplication is required every two to three hours.

Therefore, I give this lipstick a:
♥♥♥♥♡
4/5

2 comments:

  1. i always find it difficult to find the perfect red shade too, i will check out the one you recommended here as it looks orangey, and i suit the orange tones x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a red lipstick and might consider this :) thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete