Wednesday 5 March 2014

Reasons I'm not Gyaru

To some people gyaru is a lifestyle, to some others it's a fashion, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to be held under any labels. I think the sweet style is cute and I like to follow Liz Lisa, Ank Rouge, etc. but even brands such as MA*RS and d.i.a catch my eye.

1. I'm terrible at styling my own hair.

I can style wigs. I can do a ponytail. And that just about wraps up the extent of how nicely I can do my own hair. Anything with heat always falls out because I'm lucky enough to be born with quite naturally straight hair.

Also, I had blonde hair once before. You know what?

I looked freaking awful with it.

For now, staying a brunette is a lot easier for me to work with.

2. I'm shy.

Gyaru is all about being out there and not caring what people think of you. It's about expressing yourself.

As for me, I'm super duper self-aware and shy. I once wore some false lower lashes out and about and I spent a lot of my time with my head bowed looking at the floor because I was worried about people staring.

Even after, I went to the bathroom and took them off 30 minutes later.

I don't have the gyaru attitude at all.

3. Accessories.

Uh oh. Here's a confession.

I have a tendency to misplace a lot of my accessories. I'm forever losing them and in public I've seen me accidentally drop rings on the floor, etc. I'm clumsy and forgetful and for some reason, the one thing I always lose is accessories.

Not underwear. Not socks.

Just expensive accessories.

Oh dear.

4. The community.

I've seen some parts of the community seem wonderful but it has such a bad repuation nowadays. I hear about fighting and drama a lot and as someone who is introverted and wants to live peacefully, it's just not for me.

I've seen people argue in the overseas community over silly things such as hobbies, etc.

Perhaps I'm being ignorant but I can't help but feel this way.

5. I look really stupid with false lower lashes.

For real. It's embarrassing! Because it's a key staple in any gyaru's make-up, even if I were to go around calling myself gyaru when I would have silly make-up and not fit the part.

I look ridiculous with them on seriously.

I almost feel ashamed at how bad I look in them.

To be honest I feel really embarrassed to show you guys the full picture because it was embarrassing but here, look. Have a giggle at my expense. You deserve it.


I can never show my face again, it's so embarrassing! I now must wear a paper bag over my head at all times.

I have that photo saved on my laptop as KILLIT.png



Due to these five reasons and a plethora of others such as I often choose to ignore trends to wear what I want to, etc. I'm not gyaru.

I'm a simple girl who does what she wants to without any thought or planning.

It's kinda silly, don't you think?

Speak to you soon!


email me

No comments:

Post a Comment