Saturday 7 July 2012

Manicure Madness

Ever since my nails have grown I have become obsessed with nail art. It's kinda unhealthy!

For the record I stopped biting my nails the day I went to Disneyland. I had bought two cheap nail polishes with the intention of just having colourful nails but for some reason it made me stop chomping on my nails. Success! An unintended success, but still a success!

I currently have 20-something nail polishes but I want more. I'm becoming such an addict. Since I am really, really new to painting my nails my nail art is often messy because I am still learning.

Attempt #1



This was my first attempt at doing half moon nails. I thought I'd start with something easy. I placed the french manicure stickers too far up my nail for this to look really pretty but I still love the way these came out; they're simple yet really girly!

I've nicknamed these my marshmallow nails as they remind me of marshmallows.

Attempt #2



The day I did these nails my dotting tools arrived through the post! I did the half moon technique again and placed dots at the top of my nails for an effortlessly fabulous look. I received so many compliments with these nails!

Unfortunately, I didn't like them as much as everyone else did. As you can see I smudged one of the dots and the top coat I've been using is pathetically awful; it makes little air bubbles at the top and gives the nail a horrible rough texture. I took this off after a few days.

Attempt #3



This is before I finished neatening them. I wanted something cute and easy to do and who doesn't love Pikachu? These nails were super easy to do. My favourite nail has got ot be the Pokeball nail.

This was mainly done with dotting tools, seriously!

Attempt #4



These are probably my least favourite nails. They were inspired by the Fire Nation from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I learnt a lot whilst doing these, such as black isn't a good base for flames and crackle nail polish should not be used for dotting.

These lasted a week before I took them off (I went to business meetings wearing them, oops!)

Attempt #5



This is a case of where the nails look so much more impressive in real life than pictures! They're a dark pink to light pink gradient and once again, this photo was taken before I'd fully finished cleaning them up. These were my favourites.

My nails were starting to resemble talons and after using a strengthener on them they kept breaking. :'( In the end I had to remove the polish and completely cut my nails down so they could grow in stronger.

Attempt #6



I did these once I started feeling a little better about my nails snapping (you an see my middle finger is shorter than the rest since it broke off so low!). These are pink nails with little hearts for tips~

Completely inspired by Ayumi Hamasaki! These are so cute and ridiculously simple to do.



That's as far as I've gotten with manicures. I love doing them since it just makes your hands look that extra bit prettier.

What cute manis have you guys done lately?

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely, I wish I was creative like this. I normally stick to plain coloured nails. I love the Pikachu ones :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love love LOVE nails too.

    PIKACHU ones are sooooooooooooooooooooo adorable ^^ Pokemon!! Never get tired of it since it was a big part of my childhood ^^

    Lovely posy!! I also liek attempt 1 too, reminds me of marshmallows ^^ YUM!!

    Love from Your new follower Emi

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww your nails designs are so cute!

    followed you xx
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete