Saturday 19 May 2012

Kitacon IV

A few weeks ago I went to a little convention in England called Kitacon down in Birmingham. I thought you guys might appreciate a blog post or something since I have some really interesting pictures to show you all!

Thursday

I spent most of that day travelling! It was a 3 hour train ride and then another 30 minutes getting a connection just to get there so I was so tired. I met up with my man and everyone else (and whined terribly about being hungry because I hadn't eaten). Whilst I was waiting for my man I hung out with Emma and Lily, they're so awesome to hang out with!

Afterwards, we queued for our con badges and then shortly after my man and I went to sleep.

Friday

Friday was the day of the SLUT.

By slut, I mean despite covering myself up for the entire day the hotel staff did not appreciate my efforts and called me a slut.

Good going Hilton!

Excellent customer service right there, who wouldn't want to be called a slut in a hotel they're paying a fortune to stay in?

After that I stopped trying to cover up because apparently that wasn't enough for them.

On Friday, I was cosplaying as Inori from Guilty Crown! It was such a revealing outfit but the feedback I've had back has been phenomenal and it makes everything worth it!

Photos are by Martin Paterson.



Here's a photo by Tag who put up with me messing up all day!



After spending all day not being able to sit down I went and got changed for the party that night.

Someone actually approached me for a photo when I was with Elsie so I have a photo of my outfit! Shame I can't pull a nice face.

Photo is by Bento Dan.



All in all, the party was fairly nice (or at least what I remember of it was!) They played PONPONPON by Kyary which was really nice! I also vaguely remember I AM THE BEST by 2NE1 being played!

For some reason I left early but I'm not too sure why.

Saturday

On Saturday I was cosplaying Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica. I didn't really like this outfit but my friends made me feel really awesome.

Madoka is Sarah and our photographer (who had to deal with us being an idiot) was Fiona.



I was so exhausted, seriously. I got really drunk at the party because I didn't like the music and then missed one of the best sets at the party! I really can't comment too much though.

I'm so disppointed I didn't get a photo of my party outfit.

It was a little mode-esque~ I really like that style on me.

Sunday

Sunday can be known as naptime. I got up, got changed, sat at the bar and fell asleep. I was literally exhausted and I just wasn't myself.

My man eventually took me for a proper nap and I got changed into my ball outfit: Princess Aurora!

Photos are by Jo.



I felt so pretty but still a little tired! The ball was really nice; I spent most of it being hauled outside for photos and teaching people how to waltz.

I'm sure I amused some people by being a drunken Aurora. I really don't have an alcohol tolerance!



Overall Kitacon was really nice and the perfect confidence boost I needed. Everyone I met was lovely and I can't wait to see everyone again!

On a fun note, check out this video by Nert. Sarah and I are in it as Madoka and Mami.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you look fantastic! I went to the MCM Expo last year in London it was amazing. My friends got dressed up as Naruto :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go to MCM so often because it's so expensive to get to. I'll be there in October though.

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  2. You look great! I love your Inori, so cute >w<!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so funny and exciting ! I didn't know that you are interested in cosplay :p I love everything. I think such events are great, it shows people's creativity and it makes them dream a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun~ I've posted once or twice about cosplay before. :D I'm not a big, big cosplayer but it's a really fun hobby at conventions and it's a great way to meet new people!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh I love all your blog posts Rachie. It was so awesome getting to see you at Kita <3 And tbqh all of your outfits looked gorgeous missy! Inori was amazing tho in all honesty (◡‿◡✿)

    ReplyDelete